Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: Better than Lilly for Target

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Look What I Got: Better than Lilly for Target

Sold Out LP for Target Shifts


As you've probably heard, the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection sold out in a matter of hours and sent basic b**ches everywhere into a tizzy.  I have been known to partake in a brightly colored shift dress myself, but not much gets me out of bed on a Sunday before 10 am.  Don't get me wrong, if I saw one of these coveted shifts sitting in the dressing room in one of my weekly Target trips, I would squeal with joy.  However, I think that the purpose of the collection (i.e. affordable Lilly for the masses) has been a bit diluted by the marked up eBay listings.  There are much better ways to get a Lilly shift below the $200 retail price.  You can check out discount sites like the Preppy Outlet or used clothing sites like Poshmark.  Or you can wait for the real deal during Lilly Pulitzer's twice a year After Party Sale.  Or you could forsake Lilly altogether and look at any of the other thousands of  shift dresses on the internet.
I don't want to forget that the Target collection contained more than the shift dresses.  There were accessories, shoes, and home items.  Below are a few similar items I found that might quench your thirst for brightly colored items.

Lily Target Espadrilles Alternatives


You can't go wrong with a pair of Soludos.  They may be the best shoes ever created.  Sorry Toms.
Lily for Target Headband Alternative


The Target collection cashed in on the turban headband trend.  However, these things are freakin' everywhere.  And for cheaper than the Target collection.  For example, Vera Bradley for only $16!  And of course Shopbop has a whole bunch of turban headbands.

Lily for Target Pineapple bowl and juicer alternative
And now everyone wants a gold-rimmed pineapple everything.  I can't give you the gold rim, by Envilu has a pineapple bowl for just $25.50!  Envilu doesn't have a pineapple adorned juicer, but theirs has a freakin' bird on it.  I think that's even cooler.


 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart


2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...